Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend Highlights

So here are some HIGHLIGHTS from the Highfill home:




We had a pretty low key weekend for the most part. Friday night I slide out of the house without the girls knowing to work the District basketball games (yeah Tigers! they won both games)and let me tell ya they were not very happy about it and I got a call from Hannah wondering why I left without her. First of all those games are way to crowded for them to come to when I cant watch them the entire time but mostly because from the time they joined me in the library after school they were bickering back and forth about the most ridiculous things and well I had had enough! So I left them home for Dad to referee. Of course they rarely ever tattle to Dad and so he doesn't really have to deal with it to much. I am not sure why it bothers me so much. They really don't fight all that often so I guess when they do I am just not that used to it. Who knows?


On Saturday Hannah went to the OU womens basketball game with some of the girls on her basketball team and her coach, Mrs. Bacon. (Thank You Mrs. Bacon) I was having some little mini panic attacks about this whole situation not because I didn't trust Bacon but it is really the first time that Hannah has gone somewhere like that without me or family. She was so very excited and the Lady Sooners won! She had such a great time with her friends and it was PACKED so she says!




Hannah & friends @ Braums on the way home!


While Hannah was in Norman Baylee, Sidney and I headed to Stigler to pick up Grandma Lana and Nana Judy for a rushed trip to Target to get Aunt Bri and Uncle Kents baby shower gift, but the girls decided when the opportunity presented its self to stay with Aunt Kelli while I was gone. They love to play with their cousins and well Aunt Kelli lets them get away with murder who wouldn't want to stay. So we headed to Target got to Ft Smith around 1:30 ate lunch went to Target and were back home by 5:15. I know right! I was truly amazed myself and so was the father-in-law. He couldn't believe we were back so soon! We could have stayed much longer but my round trip was not yet complete. I had to meet Hannah back in Checotah by 6:30 so I still had some travel time. For those of you who may be thinking where the heck is dear ole dad well he is on call so that pretty much counts him out when it comes to helping me out. He REALLY makes up for when he isn't though! ;)


Sunday I had big plans to clean house and boy was I ever motivated........but I got a little side tracked and started redecorating my living room! That is my biggest downfall! I just cant seem to stay on task. I think I need medication! I have even signed up for FLYLADY and well my attention span doesn't allow me to read the bazillion email she sends about manging your cleaning time!!


So just to recap, It was a very good but busy weekend and it looks like next weekend will be the same!


Oh and just let me say that God is soooo good and it shows with the progress that Doreen is making through her time at MD! I am so happy for the Forrester Family! I know your fight isn't over and I will continue to pray each and everyday!

Sidney Grace....Just a random!

No comments:

Post a Comment